The Board of Lake Grace District High School works in partnership with the Principal to shape and monitor the school’s key objectives, priorities and general policy to enhance the education provided by the school. Our Board members share a variety of perspectives and expertise, and bring the views and context of the wider school community to the school. The Board also has a role in promoting the school within and across the community.
The functions of the School Board:
The School Board will act to promote the objectives and interests of the school community, with its role being to provide strategic guidance and monitoring. The School Board will:
- Be actively involved in endorsing the school’s Delivery and Performance Agreement, Budget, Business Plan and Annual Report.
- Endorse the financial arrangements necessary to fund school objectives, priorities and directions.
- Monitor the school’s performance and student performance targets.
- Represent the school at community meetings or functions.
- Develop processes to review the satisfaction levels of parents, staff and students.
- Be involved in selecting the Principal when a vacancy arises.
- Create interest, within and across the community, about the school.
How can I join the School Board?
Parents, community members and business/industry members are encouraged to nominate for positions when openings arise. These are advertised in the schools newsletter. In making this commitment, prospective Board members should be prepared to:
- Be willing to donate their time and expertise.
- Contribute to the work of the School Board and to act in the best interests of the school.
- Commit to the School’s Ethos.
- Contribute to the development of Lake Grace District High School as an Independent Public School
- Demonstrate confidentiality and sensitivity to differing views and have the ability to work in a spirit of cooperation – members “speak as one voice” in the public arena once any decision has been made.
The Board meets twice each term, usually on Tuesday’s in Weeks 4 and 8 of each term. Meetings are held in the school’s Padley Room.